SNS is a relatively new approach to having beautiful nails. It stands for Signature Nail Systems and is a dip powder method of creating gorgeous, healthy nails that last for as long as 3 weeks between updates. It is quickly becoming the choice among manicure enthusiasts thanks to its many advantages over traditional gels or acrylic nail procedures.
The SNS approach is a three-step technique that does not include UV lights, but rather is accomplished by brushing on a gel base, then dipping the nails into the color powder, and then applying a gel top coat. The process can take between 45 and an hour, but requires less than 5 minutes of drying time. Oh, and when it comes to color choices, SNS can’t be beat! With a rainbow of colors ranging from pastels to bolds, the pink and white for French manicures or glittery powders to ones that change color due to temperature, you will always be able to have nails that suit your every mood and occasion.
Why Choose SNS over Acrylic or Gel?
If you have been a longtime user of acrylic or gel, then making the swap to SNS might not be that important to you. However, before you decide consider these benefits of SNS over other manicure options:
- SNS looks thinner than other options, and is an even, more natural looking product that adapts to the shape of your nail.
- Because it is thinner, it is more flexible than acrylic nails, yet just as strong.
- The powder used contains organically processed chemicals that are virtually odorless. For those who are bothered by the harshness of acrylic, or the smell of the liquid acrylic, changing to SNS means no more strong smells!
- The powder contains calcium and Vitamin E, which encourages longer, healthier, and stronger nails.
- Like acrylic and gel nails, SNS nails can have designs painted on them, so customizing your look is better than ever.
- Like other processes, SNS can be applied as a fill-in (re-touching) should you opt to keep the same color for an extended period of time.
- SNS is less costly than gel nails, and only a couple dollars more than acrylics.
- Like gel nails, SNS look shiny and catch the light – whether it is the first day they are done or two weeks later.
- According to a study by the Division of Dermatology at Georgia Regents University, it was found that while the amount of UV radiation produced by a nail-drying lamp during a single visit to a nail salon is not a serious concern, as few as eight visits may produce enough exposure to cause skin damage (depending on the lamp used). By opting for SNS, you don’t have to be concerned about the harm caused by UV rays.
SNS is one of the best choices available for beautiful healthy nails. Its range of colors makes it ideal for any occasion, and its durability means less worry about chipping or cracking. So, the next time you need a new set of nails that show off your style, visit one of iSalon of Burlington SNS nail techs. You will be so pleased with the result you will wonder why you waited. Schedule your SNS appointment today.
Every week at iSalon of Burlington, we perform dozens of pedicures. However, the majority of these are for women. After all, many women love to indulge in the pampering of a pedicure. But, just because pedicures are often thought of as being a “women’s only” activity, this is not the case. In fact, men can significantly benefit by having frequent pedicures.While there may be some disagreement from men about men having a pedicure, it is time to put the myth that pedicures are just for women to rest. Here are some of the reasons why men should get pedicures – not just once, but often.
- If you are an athlete or simply enjoy playing sports on a regular basis, then it is common to have calluses. These can result in becoming hard and even painful if left untreated. When you have a pedicure, then pain in the foot area can be relieved.
- Having frequent pedicures can help detect early signs of corns, bunions and fungal infections. There are more pores on the bottom of your feet than anywhere else on the body. By having a pedicure is that the risks of infection and fungal issues are minimized.
- No one likes smelly feet! A pedicure is a perfect way to remove excess dead skin, dirt and bacteria from your feet. Sure, you can spray some deodorizer on your feet, but a pedicure includes exfoliation which will remove dead skin cells, odors and bacteria.
- Getting a pedicure allows you to sit back and relax. Think about it – you sit down in a comfortable chair complete with massage options, put your feet in warm water and get to unwind as you peruse a magazine or just chill.
- Frequent pedicures prevent ingrown toenails. Your pedicurist will keep your nails trimmed neatly but without leaving them too short or with jagged edges.
- Everyone loves a massage, and every pedicure includes one. Not just due to the massage chair you sit in, but a pedicure also includes a calf and foot massage which improves blood flow and circulation.
- A pedicure gives you a softer, sexier touch-and this is always greatly appreciated by your significant other.
The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day which equals 115,000 miles in a lifetime. That’s a lot of abuse on one’s feet. So, by having frequent pedicures, you are taking a step towards foot health – not to mention making time in your week to relax.
pedicure is more than just having pretty feet. It actually results in a number of health benefits. So, men, the next time you get asked about getting a pedicure, don’t brush off the comment or respond that “pedicures are for women”. Rather, grab your phone and make an appointment at iSalon. We would love to help your feet be healthier!
No matter the length of our locks, we all love having gorgeous, healthy hair. But between the environment, an assortment of hair products, styling tools and even the pillows we sleep on, it can be difficult to keep our tresses looking smooth and silky. So, what are we to do? Surely there is something that can be done to help our hair always look like we just left the salon!
While one might think the answers lay in the products and styling approach, there is actually a simple step we can all take – no matter our hair type – to have beautiful hair. What is it? A healthy diet that includes foods rich in iron and protein. Your hair depends on these vitamins to be strong and to grow.
In addition to eating healthy, there are a variety of other actions you can take to keep your hair looking its best. Here are some actions you can take:
- Sleep on silk. Cotton pillowcases, no matter the thread count, are still tough on your hair. A silk pillowcase will be a smoother surface and avoid excess friction, making repeat styling and brushing less needed.
- Use a quick dry towel wrapped around your hair after washing it. This will reduce frizz, maker hair more manageable and minimize drying time. Also, don’t rub your hair with a towel when it’s wet. Rather squeeze out the excess water.
- Use professional hair care products. These are made with better ingredients so less of them are required when washing. So, even though you may be paying a little more, you won’t have to use as much product.
- Get your hair trimmed regularly to cut off any split ends and dead weight. This will add movement to the hair and make it easier to style and manage.
- Wash oily hair more frequently. If your scalp is oily you may need to wash it daily; for chemically treated hair you can wash it less often as it will typically be drier.
- Concentrate shampoo on the scalp rather than the whole length of hair. Washing only your hair can make it flyaway, dull and coarse.
- Use conditioner every time you shampoo – especially the tips of the hair. Distribute the conditioner through your hair with a wide-toothed comb to keep hair shiny and tangle free.
- When swimming, be sure to protect your hair from chlorine by wetting and conditioning your hair first.
- As you blow dry and brush out your hair, be sure to brush the same direction as you are blow drying.
- Make sure your hair is thoroughly dry before styling with a heat tool.
Having elegant hair can be accomplished. Eat healthy and pay attention to how you comb and brush it, and use products designed to boost vitality. If you are unsure what products will best suit your hair, talk to an iSalon of Burlington hair stylist. We will be happy to help you.